Collaboration, a hallmark of the Dallas Furniture Bank (DFB) program, is necessary between DFB and Dallas Metro Area non-profit organizations to better serve the needs of the community. Not only is DFB a member of the National Furniture Bank Association (NFBA), but we have also established our own partnerships in the Dallas Metro Area with multiple local organizations serving the homeless. Also, inherent in service provision is resource referral. DFB operates as a navigator for clients needing assistance from other social partner agencies.
DFB appreciates the agencies who partner with us to fill our mission of providing furniture to families transitioning from homelessness; restoring normalcy and independance.
Becoming a Partner Agency
DFB provides our service in collaboration with local non-profit and social service agencies.
Interested agencies must:
- Have a 501 (C) 3 designation for a minimum of 3 years and have provided service to transitional homeless for 3 years
- Demonstrate continuous program service to DFB's target population (transitioning homeless and/or individuals in crisis or verifiable need)
- Have a valid, structured case management and outcomes component to their program
- At least one (1) degreed social work/counseling professional or one (1) employee with at least two years of direct practice/social service experience.
- Refer clients who will own their own furniture and are being served in at least one (1) program area that allows the agency to effectively case manage and screen referrals to DFB.
DFB does not provide partnership to:
- Educational institutions and/or their outreach programs
- Group home agencies wishing to furnish their group home (exception: we will consider membership from group homes to serve individuals who are leaving these facilities and moving into their own living environment)
- City, state, and federal government units, departments or programs
- Individual foster homes
- Public or private hospitals/clinics
- Non-profit organizations who are able to provide extensive and consistent furniture provision for their clients (through their own thrift stores or furniture collection effort) or have significant financial capabilities to provide this service
- agencies/groups that are located outside of Dallas County
- For profit companies/groups
- An annual membership fee is required for partnership with DFB. Organizations that are interested in partnership may participate in the partnership drive by submitting an application for consideration. The partnership drive is held mid-January through end of February each year. DFB only receives applications during this timeframe.
Dallas Furniture Bank (DBF) has provided furniture for over 2,250 families, since 2003. DFB has touched the lives of over 9,000, and will impact an additional 2,000 in this year. Basic furniture gives a family the sense of pride, hope, stability, as well as giving a safe and well-equipped environment.Read More